CYCI #131 - Grey/Yellow/Black Challenge

Can you believe how fast our summer is flying by? Here it is the August long weekend already! With my busy working hours I miss a lot of great weather and "vacation time".... but I have snuck in quite a few days off here and there that has allowed me some small getaways and I am SO grateful - it gives a girl a chance to re-charge her inner batteries! Sometimes, a "staycation" is all you need! :)

This week, Can You Case It has a color challenge for you! We LOVE color challenges!! SO many options! Check out what I did this week!

I started with cardstock from Stampin Up! in Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry and Basic Black and Whisper White. I had a general idea when I first got the Pun Intended hostess set that I wanted to pair it with the sentiment from SU!'s Me=Grateful set.... they go together perfectly! I used my archival black ink for the sentiment, but I Versamarked the image and then heat embossed using Smoky Slate embossing powder from Stampin' Up! Next I used my trusty aqua painter and some Hello Honey ink and did some colouring...to put a little light on the subject ;) I wanted to add a wee bit more color to the heart in the centre, so I just pulled out a red marker to add that little "pop".

I hope you play along with us this week, and post your cards so we can check it out! And...don't forget to say hello in the "Comments" section below to let me know you stopped by!
See you next week!
~Amber


Comments

  1. Such a clever card, lovely combination of elements in your beautifully artistic style. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber....I absolutely love your card. The soft yellow glow is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and sweet Thank you card! What kind of watercolor paper did you use? it looks very white, and I always struggle with finding a white watercolor paper! Beautiful work once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I will take a look at the brand and PM you.... its a nice medium-weight paper, and I find the more expensive watercolour paper is NEVER as white!

      Delete
  4. Great card! LOVE how you did the reflection from the light! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is awesome! Love how you colored the light :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simple offset on your layers! And that stamped image... WOW a total WOW!!! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber, I love how you did this. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rocking the color combo! I also love how you colored the light bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card, Amber! The sentiment goes with the image so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the light bulb, but love the sentiment more. Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sentiment is wonderful Kim - thank you! <3

      Delete
  11. Amber love it...now I need to pull out my aqua pen and attempt water color in again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the aqua painter pen - it makes it so easy when you are not savvy with colouring in general!

      Delete
  12. Amber, I just love how you put light on the subject. Brilliant (pun intended). Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the watercoloured light :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts