SIP #55 -Sketch Challenge (or... I think the world needs more of this)

The world can be a frightening place sometimes, can't it?
Watching the news, and the horror unfold in Dallas in the last 24 hours, and the senseless loss of lives in the US in the last week has made me curl up and turn off my TV.

I  made this today, to join in the Stamp, Ink, Paper challenge, only at the last minute....
I just wanted to decompress ... and I always retreat to the rafters of my crafting studio.

 Stamp, Ink, Paper
I used my Ken Oliver Color Bursts for the first time ever!
It brightened my mood.... and I heat embossed the image from SU!'s retired set Best Thoughts... ( I love that hydrangea)!
After that, I just didn't know where to go with it... so I used some kraft card stock, a piece of retired DSP from SU! and a scrap of funky copper from my scrap bin! I heat embossed the sentiment from Watercolor Words (also SU!) and used some copper embossing powder from Zing on some vellum.

I was just trying to find my happy place today. And the word "hope" speaks volumes.
Let's all try to have a little hope today, humans.


Comments

  1. Beautiful card Amber!! I love your coloring with the color bursts! And your sentiment couldn't be more fitting for today's events. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, what a stunning card. The purples just really pop when used with neutrals like copper. Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper! Crystal, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I love your gorgeously colored flower! Just stunning! I can't get enough of that new copper embossing powder too! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper! --Elizabeth Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts